Find Answers to Your Financial Assistance Questions
UC Health provides financial assistance to residents of the communities we serve who are otherwise unable to pay for medically necessary and generally available care. This assistance is available to the insured and uninsured based on income and personal circumstances.
Here are some answers to the most frequently asked financial assistance questions for patients treated at UC Health facilities:
- Where can I get a financial assistance application?
- The easiest way to obtain a financial assistance application is by following this financial assistance link.Our applications are available in English and Spanish. You may also obtain an application at the registration desk at any of our facilities, or by calling Customer Service at 513-585-6200.
- Why do I need to look for other sources of funding before I receive financial assistance?
- No single organization can meet the needs of all patients who are unable to pay. Patients in need of financial assistance should utilize all resources for which they are eligible. This ensures UC Health resources will be available to patients who don’t qualify for other financial help.
- If my account has gone to a collection agency, can I still apply for financial assistance?
- Yes. Please contact our Customer Service department so we can help facilitate the process. We work very closely with our collection agencies and will notify them if you are approved for financial assistance.
- If I qualify for partial financial assistance, what happens to the rest of my bill?
- UC Health determines your level of financial assistance based on your personal income and circumstances. If you qualify for partial assistance, the remaining balance of the bill is your responsibility to pay. UC Health is willing to work with you to establish an interest-free payment plan. For more information, contact our Customer Service department.
- If my application is approved, what will the discount cover?
- The discount only covers those charges billed directly by the hospital. There are some exceptions, such as private room charges, which are not covered by a discount. In addition, physician charges are not covered by a hospital discount.
- How often must I apply for a financial assistance discount?
- In general, patients must reapply every 60 days.
- If I have filled out a financial assistance application, why are you asking for a proof of residence?
- The Hamilton County Tax Levy covers patients who live in Hamilton County for services at University of Cincinnati Medical Center. Patients are required to show that they lived in Hamilton County at the time of service.
- How long does it take to process an Application for Financial Assistance?
- Applications are usually processed within 5 – 10 business days of when they are received.