Find Answers to Your Billing Questions
At a UC Health facility, medically necessary and generally available health care services are accessible to residents in the communities we serve, regardless of ability to pay.
Here are some answers to the most frequently asked billing questions for patients treated at our facilities:
- What do I need to know about the bills I will receive for my care?
- If you receive services at a UC Health facility, you will receive a separate bill for each date of service, as well as a separate bill for each physician associated with your treatment in that facility.Go to Understanding Your Bill.
- If my insurance doesn’t consider a UC Health hospital as a preferred provider, will you bill my insurance?
- UC Health bills all insurance carriers. If your insurance does not cover a UC Health facility as a preferred provider, you may be billed for non-covered charges or be responsible for reduced benefits.Please contact your carrier to verify your coverage and/or benefits.
- Will I receive more than one bill for my hospital services?
- You may receive more than one bill when you receive care at UC Health facilities, since several providers may be involved in your treatment and bill independently. For example, independent specialists could include radiologists, cardiologists, emergency room physicians and anesthesiologists.Some independent providers may not be covered under your insurance. Check your insurance carrier for coverage information. Please review all bills you receive for appropriate contact information. These bills will have a telephone number for the specific billing office, for each service rendered. Please direct relevant questions to the appropriate provider.
- How can I pay my UC Health bill?
- UC Health offers a number of convenient ways to pay your bill:
Online: https://secure.uchealth.com/billpay/ 24-hour Pay by Phone: 513-585-6200
Mail: UC Health
P.O. Box 630911
Cincinnati, OH 45263-0911Drake patients only, mail to:
The Drake Center
P.O. Box 637870
Cincinnati, OH 45263-7870
Please note guarantor number on payment for proper credit.
- What if I can’t pay my bill?
- UC Health is a non-profit organization and has payment plans to assist you with your bills. After exhausting all other payment options, you may be eligible for financial assistance on your medical bills.If you anticipate problems paying your portion of your bill, please let us know. We can help you apply for other types of financial assistance or payment plans.Please contact a Financial Care Counselor on your date of service or call our Customer Service Center at 513-585-6200 or 800-277-0781. Click here to learn more about our Financial Assistance programs.
- I’ve received multiple statements. Who do I call with questions?
- When treatment is provided to a patient, often more than one professional service is required to provide for medical needs. If you are hospitalized, your surgeon, anesthesiologist, pathologist or radiologist will each bill you separately. Even if you are seen at a clinic for a routine physical, some of your lab work may be processed at another facility.For questions regarding your hospital bill, you may call our Customer Service Center, Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Phone: 513-585-6200
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgFor questions regarding other services, please contact these organizations directly:
University of Cincinnati Medical Center Anesthesia 513-872-7103 Radiology 513-245-3600 E.R. Physicians 513-281-4473 Fort Hamilton Hospital Anesthesia 800-222-1442 Radiology 800-358-6441 E.R. Physicians 800-875-7374, ext. 2074 West Chester Hospital Anesthesia 513-558-5024 Radiology 513-872-4500 E.R. Physicians 513-281-4582 The Drake Center Radiology 513-245-3600 Physical & Medicine Rehabilitation 513-585-9009
- What if there is an error on my bill?
- If you have questions about your bill, or believe that it is incorrect, call our office at 513-585-6200 or 800-277-0781 or email us at email@example.com.
- Are itemized statements automatically sent to patients?
- No. We send summary bills to the patient. To request an itemized statement, call Customer Service at 513-585-6200 or 800-277-0781 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When is payment of my bill expected?
- UC Health will send you a statement for any balance owed after all third-party payers have been billed and any payments received. We may contact you to help facilitate the paying of claims by your insurance company. Your statement will have a due date that is approximately 21 days from the statement date unless you have made prior arrangements.
- Will I get a bill each month for my payment arrangement?
- You will receive a statement each month reminding you that your payment is due.
- I can’t pay my balance in full, can I just send $10 a month?
- In order to be approved for a payment arrangement, you must call our Customer Service department. If we are not contacted, your account will continue to move through the billing cycle if payment in full is not received.
- What if I can only afford to pay $10 a month?
- Please call our Customer Service department. We have programs available and offer many options to work out an acceptable arrangement.