Medical Mondays—Michael Thomas, MD, on Reproductive Health

It’s Medical Mondays with UC Health. Today, we’re talking with Dr. Michael Thomas, a UC Health physician who specializes in reproductive endocrinology and infertility.

Q: Can you help us understand what a reproductive health specialist does?
A: What we do is help people get pregnant, primarily. We help women and men who have trouble getting pregnant, and those patients come and see us to help them get pregnant.

Q: What can you do to help those suffering with fertility problems?
A: At UC Health, the things that we do include checking to see if it’s a male issue, if it’s a female issue, checking to see if it’s both, and then trying to treat those specific problems. For men, it’s very easy. For the female partner, it’s a little bit more complex.

Q: When is it time to speak with a specialist?
A: The best time to see a specialist is when a woman under the age of 35 has been trying to get pregnant for 12 months. Over the age of 35, they should probably see us pretty quickly.

Call 513-475-7600 to schedule an appointment at UC Health—where in science lives hope.


This entry was posted in Articles. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

Click Here to learn about our most recent COVID-19 updates including vaccine information, visitor restrictions, testing, and more.