At UC Health, we lead the region in scientific discoveries and embrace a spirit of purpose – offering our patients and their families something beyond everyday healthcare. At UC Health, we offer hope.
UC Health provides in-house COVID-19 testing to deliver the right care to our patients by getting more answers sooner.
As Cincinnati’s academic health system, it is our privilege and our responsibility to be a source of hope for those who need it most. One way we offer hope is through expanded COVID-19 testing. UC Health is a regional and state leader in providing testing for our patients and for the community. In-house testing also helps our physician researchers to study COVID-19 so we can better understand how to prevent and treat it.
Emergency Department Care
We are safe. We are open.
Same Safe Care
Whether or not you have symptoms of COVID-19, our Emergency Departments are still the safest places to get the critical care you need. UC Health takes all the necessary precautions to keep you protected, including requiring all patients, visitors and caregivers to wear a mask.
COVID-19 Symptoms? Call Your Provider
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 but do not have life-threatening symptoms, please first call your provider for instructions. They may tell you to stay home.
Don’t Delay Any Emergency
If you have possibly life-threatening symptoms of other illnesses such as chest discomfort, signs of a stroke, severe weakness or believe you are having any medical emergency, please call 911.
Testing for All Admissions
The health and safety of our patients and employees are our top priority. Because experts are still trying to understand how many people with COVID-19 don’t have symptoms, UC Health is testing all of its admitted patients at UC Medical Center and West Chester Hospital.
COVID-19 Testing Clinics
Through UC Healths Provider's Order Only: In addition to testing our admitted patients, UC Health provides COVID-19 testing on its Clifton and West Chester campuses. At this time, testing is currently available for ages 14 and older with a UC Health provider’s order and by appointment only.
Please talk to your UC Health provider if you believe you need a test. Your provider will schedule this test for you if you are age 14 or older. Patients currently being tested are:
- Patients whose UC Health providers recommend and place an order for testing based on the patient’s symptoms or other clinical indications.
- Patients with scheduled surgeries and procedures (including radiology procedures).
- Expectant mothers with scheduled C-sections and inductions.
- People who are donating a kidney to a UC Health patient.
- Patients with certain high-risk or complex conditions.
- Some patients with cancer.
- Certain patients who have no symptoms or known exposures (see Test and Protect information below).
Children (under the age of 14) can receive COVID-19 testing at Cincinnati Children’s through a provider’s order and by appointment only. Please contact Cincinnati Children’s for information.
Through the regional Test and Protect (TaP) program, UC Health is offering COVID-19 tests to patients without symptoms or known exposures. Eligible patients include those who:
- Live or work in Hamilton County.
- Are frontline works from any Ohio county.
Talk to your provider to see if you are eligible.
You may also visit a community pop-up testing site. Visit The Health Collaborative’s website for more information. Funding provided by Hamilton County CARES.
About Your Test (UC Health Patients)
- UC Health administers PCR tests, which look for genetic material of the speciﬁc coronavirus that causes COVID-19. The PCR test is the gold standard for COVID-19 testing, as it is extremely accurate.
Staying Safe After Your Test
- Quarantine yourself by staying home, except in an emergency.
- If you are scheduled for a procedure or surgery, please quarantine yourself until then —
- even after you receive your result.
- Wear a mask or cloth face covering when around others if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, such as a new cough, shortness of breath or fever.
- Wash your hands often.
- Results will be available within 24–48 hours.
- The quickest way to get your result is to access your personal My UC Health (MyChart) account.
- If you do not hear about your result in 72 hours, please call the office of the provider who ordered your COVID-19 test.
- To access My UC Health, click here or download the MyChart app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Your test will be billed to your individual insurance company. Please contact your insurance carrier if you have questions about coverage.
- If you are being tested through the Test and Protect program, your test will be free to you.
- Please call 513-585-6200 for questions about billing.
At this time, we are only testing the following symptomatic community members:
- Cincinnati Health Department healthcare workers.
- First responders.
Please call 513-41VIRUS (513-418-4787) to schedule your appointment.
Employees who have a known exposure to someone with COVID-19, or who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, should contact their employee health representatives for instructions.
- UC Health employees: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the necessary documentation. Call 513-585-8000 with questions.
- UC and UCP employees: Email email@example.com.
Clinic Location Maps
From South Garage: Free parking is available in the garage. Testing Clinic is located on the second floor of the West Medical Office Bldg. From the garage, enter through level 100 and walk down the covered hallway to enter the West Medical Office Bldg. Follow signage to suite 202.
From Street Level: Enter West Medical Office Bldg. through main doors. Take the elevator or stairs to the second floor. Follow signage to suite 202.
West Chester Campus
Parking Area: Parking is free on the UC Health West Chester Campus. The Testing Clinic is located in the Physicians Office South building, 7675 Wellness Way, Suite 301, West Chester, OH 45069. Enter through the main lobby and take the elevators to Level 3. Turn right off the elevators and the clinic entrance is located down the hall on your left.
Main Entrance: Patients who have appointments for testing on a Saturday or Sunday must enter through the West Chester Hospital’s main entrance. They will be directed to access the UC Physicians Office South building
Sample Testing for COVID-19
Let UC Health process and test your samples.
UC Health has been designated by the Ohio Department of Health as a regional COVID-19 testing center and will assist congregate living facilities, hospitals, and other groups that may be susceptible to rapid spread, with their COVID-19 test sample processing and testing needs. If your facility is interested in partnering with UC Health to process and test your samples, please complete the survey.
Please note, this service is NOT for individual patients. It’s ONLY for facilities who’d like to work with UC Health to process COVID-19 test samples.