The UC Health Office of Clinical Research (OCR) is a customer-service support office established to assist the UC Health research community, with services needed to expedite study start-up as smoothly and quickly as possible. In addition, to assisting researchers and study staff, the OCR is happy to work with sponsors and CROs in establishing a working relationship to utilize UC Health and affiliates as research sites.
UC Health, the University of Cincinnati’s affiliated health system, includes University of Cincinnati Medical Center, ranked one of the best hospitals in the region by U.S. News & World Report; West Chester Hospital, one of Cincinnati’s newest hospitals and the recipient of the 2012 HealthGrades® Outstanding Patient Experience Award™, ranking it above 90 percent of hospitals nationally for patient satisfaction; Drake Center, Cincinnati’s premier provider of long-term acute care; University of Cincinnati Physicians, Cincinnati’s largest multi-specialty practice group with more than 650 board-certified clinicians and surgeons; and Lindner Center of HOPE, the region’s premier mental health center; and several institutes focusing on the areas of cancer, the neurosciences, cardiovascular and diabetes.
UC Health is a system of amazing individual organizations. But together, we are a healthcare powerhouse. With more than 1.2 million patient encounters annually, we offer things no other local health system does. Here’s what sets us apart:
• Our rich history. Cincinnati medicine began here.
• Our physicians. We have physicians in every specialty. They’re ranked among the best and are innovators and leaders in their fields.
• Our partnership with the UC College of Medicine. We train most of the physicians in our community and many are now faculty at the College of Medicine.
• Our Academic Medical Center. It’s the region’s first and only one.
• Our groundbreaking research. We are nationally recognized for our scientific research and our clinical trials.’
• Our comprehensive care. We serve both physical and mental health needs, and our facilities range from outpatient to long-term acute care, with everything in between..’