UC Medical Center
Visitor Hours and Restrictions
- Adult ICUs: Open to two visitors per patient at a time from noon to 6 p.m. daily. Visitors may swap out.
- NICU: Two visitors per patient at a time from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. Visitors may swap out. Parents are permitted to visit 24 hours a day, as long as the two-visitor limit is followed.
- Emergency Department: Open to one visitor per patient at a time, 24 hours a day. The visitor may swap out.
- Ridgeway 5 and Ridgeway 6 (Psychiatry): Open to two visitors per patient per day 4–8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 2–8 p.m. on the weekends.
- Labor & Delivery, Mother/Baby and High-Risk Antepartum: Open to four visitors at a time. Visitors may swap out. Visitors under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult and must be the child of the patient.
- Patients receiving end-of-life care: Exceptions made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the care team.
- Patients who may be harmed by not having in-person visits from family at all times (juveniles, special needs, etc.): Exceptions to visitor hours made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the care team.
- Patients with COVID-19 or pending COVID-19 Test: Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis in special circumstances at the discretion and agreement of the care team.
- All other floors/patients not listed above: Open to all visitors from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
- Visitors under the age of 14 should be accompanied by an adult, unless specified otherwise by the care teams.
- Visitor must wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth, or the surgical mask that we provide, at all times, including while in the patient’s room. Cloth masks are not allowed.
- Check in at the front desk, where visitors will receive a sticker indicating their visitor status. Visitors should keep this sticker visible at all times.
- Visitors should report to the nurse’s station before entering the patient’s room.
- Wash their hands (or use hand sanitizer) prior to entering the patient’s room and when leaving.
- Stay in the patient’s room for the duration of the stay, except when visiting the cafeteria.
Visitors who do not follow these guidelines will be asked to leave the facility.