Congratulations to 43 UC Health physicians and advanced practice providers for being ranked in the top 1% of clinicians in the nation with the best patient experience and satisfaction scores.
The new data for fiscal year 2022 (July 2021 through June 2022) shows that patients rated UC Health clinicians better than 99% of clinicians across the country.
Congratulations to UC Health physicians and advanced practice providers ranked in the nation’s top 1% this past fiscal year:
- Syed Ahmad, MD, Gastrointestinal Oncology*
- Imran Arif, MD, Cardiology
- Orson Austin, MD, Primary Care/Family Medicine*
- Robert Bach, MD, General Internal Medicine
- Javier Baez, MD, Primary Care/Internal Medicine
- William Barrett, MD, Radiation Oncology*
- Gail Bongiovanni, MD, Internal Medicine
- Michelle Buerschen, CNP, Surgical Oncology
- Christine Burrows, MD, Primary Care/Internal Medicine*
- Leann Coberly, MD, General Internal Medicine*
- Stephen Dailey, MD, Orthopaedics*
- Estrelita Dixon, MD, General Internal Medicine*
- Mohamed Effat, MD, Cardiology*
- Carl Fichtenbaum, MD, Infectious Diseases*
- Robert Finlay, MD, General Internal Medicine*
- David Harris, MD, Cardiology
- Charles Hattemer, MD, Cardiology*
- Russell Hoffman, CNP, Cardiology*
- Tammy Holm, MD, Surgical Oncology*
- Natalie Jacobs, MD, Primary Care/Internal Medicine*
- Kay Johnson, MD, Primary Care/Internal Medicine*
- Jeanne Kavinsky, MD, General Internal Medicine*
- Peter Knabel, DO, Dermatology*
- Kelly Laipply, MD, Cardiology
- Keith Luckett, MD, Infectious Diseases*
- Brad Mathis, MD, General Internal Medicine*
- Ryan Miller, MD, General Internal Medicine*
- Scott Neltner, MD, Dermatology*
- Sarah Pickle, MD, Primary Care/Women’s Health*
- Michael Prokopius, MD, Ophthalmology *
- Adele Rauen, PA-C, Otolaryngology*
- Greg Rouan, MD, Internal Medicine*
- Rita Schlanger, MD, General Internal Medicine
- Emily Shah, CNP, Otolaryngology
- Alice Tang, MD, Otolaryngology
- Lauren Wang, MD, Primary Care/Family Medicine*
- Avis Ware, MD, Rheumatology*
- Eric Warm, MD, General Internal Medicine*
- Donald Wayne, MD, Cardiology*
- Basil Williams, MD, Ophthalmology*
- Krista Young, CNP, Primary Care/Family Medicine*
- Chad Zender, MD, Otolaryngology Oncology*
- Joni Zinser, CNP, Primary Care/Family Medicine*
*Denotes those who have achieved Top 1% multiple years
The rigorous measures of a Top 1% patient experience include things like pain control, communication with providers, patient safety, cleanliness, quality of care and clinical outcomes for various health services.
Clinicians who ranked in the Top 1% received consistent scores of nine or 10 on 30 or more patient survey responses. Press Ganey advises measuring against no less than 30 survey responses per provider to ensure consistency and accuracy.
The ratings are defined by Press Ganey’s Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CG-CAHPS) survey, a nationally standardized tool to measure patient perceptions of care delivered by a provider in an office setting. Specifically, these rankings apply to the CG-CAHPS survey question that asks patients to rate a provider on a scale of zero to 10, with 10 being the best possible score.
As we diligently build a culture around patient-centered care, we aim to improve the patient's experience and the patient's engagement with their care. These factors are an important component of better care delivery and better health outcomes, which play a significant role in supporting a positive patient experience, improving patient satisfaction and most importantly, the long-term health of our patients.
Based on advancements in data and methodologies, UC Health has a well-established, accurate and systematic review of this information. As a result, we’ve been able to recognize our top-performing clinicians for the past several years, and we plan to continue these efforts.
These high-ranking scores are a testament to the outstanding care our clinicians provide every day. Thank you for all you do for our patients and their families!