Ohio Governor DeWine has eased some restrictions related to healthcare and is encouraging patients to receive non-emergent or routine care that may have been delayed. We understand that you may be uncertain about re-engaging in your healthcare at this time.
We want to be very clear: our hospitals and healthcare facilities are safe, open, and ready to care for you and your family.
- Our hospitals and healthcare facilities are clean and safe. Enhanced safety and sanitation protocols are in place to protect our patients, employees, and clinicians.
- In an effort to conserve personal protective equipment (PPE), and to prepare for an expected surge of COVID-19 patients, healthcare facilities (including ours) postponed elective surgeries and non-emergent procedures and office visits; this was not in response to unsafe care environments. This was also part of an order by the Ohio Governor.
- Fortunately, we have seen far fewer COVID-19 cases than expected and have been able to isolate those with the virus. Social distancing has been effective. Ohio and the Cincinnati region specifically, is successfully “flattening the curve” thus far.
- Working with the Governor, the Ohio Department of Health, and other health officials, we are expanding testing capabilities and capacity.
- Finally, we are leading the way with our partners at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine to advance prevention, cures, and treatment for COVID-19 through scientific discovery through research and clinical trials.
Your health matters. Please do not ignore or delay health needs for you or your family.
- We offer many ways to receive care, including e-visits, video visits, and phone visits.
- Contact your UC Health physician’s office to discuss next steps for your specific needs. If you don’t already have a primary care physician, UC Health has several primary care locations. Click here to find one near you, or call 513-475-8001.
- As always, if you have an urgent medical emergency, call 911 or visit your nearest emergency department.
Thank you for trusting us as your partners in health. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can help you now and in the future.