Total number of stroke patients treated at UC Medical Center:
- Ischemic stroke: 773
- Hemorrhagic (bleeding) stroke: 219
The UC Stroke Team responded to over 5,000 calls from hospitals in the Tri-State area in regards to treating stroke patients.
- Percent of time that UCMC provided the highest quality of care by meeting all Joint Commission core measures is 93 percent
- Total number of endovascular reperfusion procedures (removal of acute blood clot): 229
- Number of physicians specializing in Stroke/Vascular Neurology: 11
- Number of physicians specializing in Neuroscience Intensive Care: 10
- Only 3.5 percent of patients had an adverse event from carotid endarterectomy, a surgical procedure to remove plaque and restore blood flow. This is significantly lower than the national average.
- Average time from arrival at UC Medical Center to when clot-busting medication is given is 40 minutes. Nationally this goal is less than 45 minutes.