Total number of stroke patients treated at UC Medical Center:
- Ischemic stroke: 562
- Hemorrhagic stroke: 151
The UC Stroke Team responded to nearly 10,000 calls from hospitals in the Tri-State area, providing consultation and guidance in the treatment of their stroke patients.
- Percent of time that UCMC provided the highest quality of care by meeting all Joint Commission core measures is 96%
- Total number of endovascular reperfusion procedures (removal of acute blood clot): 177
- Number of physicians specializing in Stroke/Vascular Neurology: 14
- Number of physicians specializing in Neuroscience Intensive Care: 12
- Zero patients with serious adverse events from carotid endarterectomy, a surgical procedure to remove plaque and restore blood flow. This is significantly lower than the national average.
- Median time from arrival at UCMC to when clot-busting medication is given is 44 minutes. Nationally this goal is less than 45 minutes.
- Home to the region’s first and only mobile stroke unit (MSU), a vehicle designed to bring emergency department-level care directly to patients experiencing a possible stroke. Since August 2020, the MSU has been dispatched more than 1,100 times.