VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADULTS
All volunteers will go through an application and interview process to determine where their skills are best needed within various departments of our hospitals. Opportunities for our adult volunteers vary by location, but could include:
- Clerical work.
- Assisting and escorting patients and visitors.
- Customer service roles in waiting rooms and clinic environments.
- Patient floor opportunities.
- Working in the gift shop.
- Staffing the front desk.
- Special projects, which may take place off-site.
- and many more!
A minimum commitment of 50 hours over a period of 6 months may be required. Requirements may vary per location and final details will be discussed during the interview process. Most volunteers will work 4-5 hours per week. Day, evening and weekend shifts may be available.
In order to become a UC Health volunteer, you are required to:
- Pass a background check.
- Attend a mandatory orientation and training session.
- Pass a tuberculosis (TB) test, provided at no cost by UC Health.
- Have an annual influenza (flu) vaccine for your own protection and the safety of our patients.
Volunteer opportunities are available at the following locations:
UC Medical Center
3188 Bellevue Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45219
West Chester Hospital
7700 University Drive
West Chester, Ohio 45069
151 West Galbraith Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45216
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Adults must be 18 years of age or older to volunteer. Applications can be submitted at any time, and applicants are contacted periodically throughout the year as opportunities become available.
Once your application has been received and your personal references and background have been checked, an interview will be scheduled to discuss open positions and requirements.
Click here to complete an online application to become a UC Health volunteer.
For more information about our adult volunteer program, please email us at: UCHVolunteerServices@UCHealth.com