VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES FOR TEENS
All teen volunteers will go through an application and interview process to determine where their skills are best needed within various departments of our hospitals. Opportunities for our teen volunteers vary by location, but could include:
- Clerical work.
- Assisting and escorting patients and visitors.
- Customer service roles in waiting rooms and clinic environments.
- Patient floor opportunities.
- Working in the gift shop.
- Staffing the front desk.
- Special projects, which may take place off-site.
- and many more!
Teens should expect to commit to at least 4 or more hours per week and commit to serving the session for which they applied. Short-term and occasional volunteer opportunities are not available. Requirements vary per location and final details will be discussed during the interview process.
In order to become a UC Health teen volunteer, you must:
- Be a high school junior or senior.
- Attend a mandatory orientation and training session.
- Pass a tuberculosis (TB) test.
- Have an annual influenza (flu) vaccine for your own protection and the safety of our patients.
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination (booster not required).
Once your application has been received an interview will be scheduled to discuss open positions and requirements.
VOLUNTEER AT UC MEDICAL CENTER
3188 Bellevue Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45219
UC Medical Center offers a multiple-week summer volunteer program for teens, from June to mid-August.
Teens must be 16 years of age by June 1 in order to qualify. All teen applications must be submitted by April 15.
All teen volunteers are required to participate in a UC Medical Center orientation and a Parent/Team night. Teens assigned to specific departments will be required to participate in a departmental orientation as well.
Call 513-584-4875 to request an application to become a UC Medical Center Teen Volunteer.
VOLUNTEER AT WEST CHESTER HOSPITAL
7700 University Drive
West Chester, Ohio 45069
The teen volunteer program at West Chester Hospital is designed to follow the academic year, with after-school opportunities in fall and spring. The summer program is divided into two month-long sessions in order to accommodate other summer activities and obligations.
- Fall Session: October – December (applications accepted starting in August)
- Spring Session: February – May (applications accepted starting in December)
- Summer Session: June – July (applications accepted starting in April)
Click Here to complete an online application to become a West Chester Hospital Teen Volunteer.
VOLUNTEER AT DRAKE CENTER
151 West Galbraith Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45216
The teen volunteer program at Drake Center begins June 5. All teen applications must be submitted by May 12.
Click Here to complete an online application to become a Drake Center Teen Volunteer.
For more information about our teen volunteer program, please email us at: UCHVolunteerServices@UCHealth.com