Leader in Advanced Transport Medicine
Air Care & Mobile Care (ACMC) provides Advanced Transport Medicine to Greater Cincinnati and Southwest Ohio, Northern Kentucky and Southeast Indiana. Celebrating its 35th anniversary, ACMC was one of the first transport medicine programs in the country to be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) in four levels of transport – helicopter, mobile intensive care unit, advanced life support and basic life support. Our clinical crews are some of the most experienced in the industry, with access to equipment and medications that aren’t offered by anyone else in the country. ACMC transports more than 10,000 patients a year by ground and over 1,000 a year by helicopter, and earned the designation 2013 Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS) Program of the Year.
By the numbers:
- More than 700 hours and nearly 60,000 miles are flown by Air Care each year, utilizing about 80,000 gallons of jet fuel
- More than 4,800 hours and 160,000 miles are driven by Mobile Care each year
- More than 35,000 helicopter patient missions since 1984, without a single accident
- More than 150 employees – full and part time, averaging more than 10 years of experience
Air Care & Mobile Care specializes in caring for and transporting the critically injured and sick patient, wherever he or she may be, by bringing the world-class care of UC Medical Center to the patient. Air Care & Mobile Care Champions are a group of caring individuals – former patients, family members, staff and physicians – who are committed to supporting Air Care & Mobile Care and ensuring Advanced Transport Medicine is available to all those in need.
Air Care & Mobile Care Champions are dedicated to:
Engaging the Community
The Champions’ Speakers Bureau promotes the good things Air Care & Mobile Care is doing, including expert care from skilled and compassionate staff. We let the community know ACMC’s helicopters and ambulances have the most experienced crews that carry special medications that aren’t available on other helicopters and ambulances. Speakers present at local community organizations across the Tri- State region.
Giving Back: Supporting Crews and Patients
Champions are dedicated to raising much-needed funds that will help support and advance the innovative care provided by Air Care & Mobile Care.
Celebrating 35 Years of Patient Transport
Champions help to ensure ACMC celebrates the past 35 years while setting the stage for the future.
As an Air Care & Mobile Care Champion, you will help our crews:
- Save 750 lives with blood carried on our helicopters
- Save the lives and improve outcomes of more than 800 children, 75 police officers and 50 firefighters
- Train more than 240 physicians and hundreds of military personnel
- Transport more than 330,000 patients, many of whom would die without this care
Help continue this legacy in the future with a donation.