UC Health General Surgery offers state-of-the-art endoscopic and minimally invasive surgical approaches, including robotic-assisted procedures. Advanced surgical approaches such as these result in decreased hospital stays, faster recoveries and better outcomes for patients and their families. UC Health General Surgery surgeons provide services at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center and West Chester Hospital. We provide a wide range of surgical specialties and procedures to meet the needs of our general surgery patients, including surgical solutions for the following:
- Benign and malignant gastric abnormalities
- Swallowing disorders
- Abdominal wall hernias
- Diseases of the endocrine glands
- Inflammatory bowel diseases
- Colon cancer
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Robotic Surgery
Common Surgical Options
A few of the more common types of surgeries are minimally invasive and same-day surgery.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) offers faster recovery times, shorter hospitalization, better outcomes, fewer infections, and improved appearances.
- Same Day Surgery – also known as outpatient surgery – at West Chester Hospital this features 24 private rooms, each with a bathroom and lockable storage space. When you check in for your surgical procedure, you’ll be ushered to your room for surgery prep, and you will be returned to the same room after your procedure is over.